Friday, September 4, 2009

True Happiness

I truly believe that god gave us a way, Jesus Christ. So, we can follow his example, and return to our heaven father. I believe the only way to be happy on earth, is to do what God asked us to do. The only way to be happy, is through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Steve and I decided, that we will read one chapter a night. We started last night at 9pm, and I hope we will keep on going. We'll keep on trying to be better, and if we fail, we'll try again tomorrow. As long as we are better today than yesterday, I think we are on the right track.

I am a convert, (since age 12) there are many things I still don't understand. The scripture stories that Steve learned and heard since he was kid, and his mission has benefited him more understanding of the scriptures. It was really fun reading the scripture with him last night, because he'll paraphrase the verse. And it sounded like this, ".... the people were freaking out about the sign....they were running around like crazy.... bad people dropped to their knees... " Hence, maybe that's why God didn't ask Steve to keep a record of scriptures. It might have sound too gangster-ish.

Good day, nice to read Nephi 3 and I recently learned that Nephi 3 and Nephi 4 were two different guy name Nephi in different time. Father and son deal.

Steve just made the scripture come alive, and I can see it as a movie in my head when he gangster talk the scripture.

good times! good stuff~~

No comments:

Post a Comment