Friday, September 4, 2009

Married Ward continue...

Someone made a comment on my blog, about the screaming children during sacrament meeting. Here is her response.

Sylvia said...

I stumbled across your blog while trying to find a hamster picture for mine...I do agree with you about kids being loud during sacrament but one day you'll be the one someone is blogging about too. Our Heavenly Father loves all his children, especially the little ones...even the ones who talk and cry during sacrament :)

Maybe, just maybe. Someone will be blogging about my children, hopefully something good. Because of what I learned in my current ward, I have decide I will do my best to teach my children to be reverent during the sacrament meeting. And I will take my children out of the sacrament hall when they are screaming, so others can worship reverently.

Here is what I found.

"...We encourage reverence when we take a crying child out of the chapel and find another room where we continue to listen to the meeting until the baby is calmed or a disruptive toddler is soothed..."
" ...A toddler can learn to fold his arms and get ready for prayer. But it takes time, patience, and consistency. Remember that we are not only teaching a child his first lessons in reverence, but the child may be mastering his first attempts at self-discipline..."
(
Margaret S. Lifferth, “Respect and Reverence,” Liahona, May 2009, 11–13)

Read the complete article.

Who am I to judge another when I walk imperfectly....

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment